Monday, July 20, 2009

Music Feeds the Soul

My nephew, Gabe, makes fun of my taste in music. It's true, I read Rolling Stone instead of Vibe -- but at least the music I listen to has words and melody. I'll put my playlist up against his any day. Here's a sample from my iPod:

1. Johnny Cash, “Hurt”
2. Coldplay (Click to continue on the Quest), “Spies”
3. Velvet Underground, “Sweet Jane”
4. The Clash, “I Fought the Law [Live],” from the Live at Shea Stadium album
5. Joey Ramone, “What a Wonderful World”
6. The Buzzcocks, “Ever Fallen in Love” (a little random, but my playlist Genius suggested it, and the words are very appropriate)
7. Korn, “Fight the Power” (yeah, it’s a cover, but it is !@$%$#5 awesome. Check it out.)
8. Pat Benatar, “Hit Me With Your Best Shot”
9. Soft Cell, “Tainted Love”
10. Marshall Tucker Band, "Can't You See"
11. Eagles, "Already Gone"
12. Golden Earring, “Radar Love”
13. ZZ Top, “Tush”
14. Mary Chapin Carpenter, “I Feel Lucky”
15. Johnny Cash, “All I Do is Drive”

1 comment: